Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November is Forgiving

I've missed the last few Poetry Mini-Challenges from Read Write Poem, but I was determined to get back into the swing of things when the month of December rolled around. December is my favorite month. I love spending time with my family and shopping, two things December is notorious for. Plus by birthday is in December. How can I go wrong? Unfortunately December is a hectic month and I never find much time to write. Lucky for me RWP went easy on me as this mini-challenge only requires three poems. Here is the first:

November is Forgiving

Boys always go for the same things
My bottom lip
And something I can’t mention
In polite company

He was no different
When I thought I had lost him forever
November brought him back to me
Giving me something to be thankful for


2 comments: