Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sometimes it comes down to the eyeliner.

It took almost three hours to get to work today, and over two hours to get home. Entrance ramps, exit ramps, and streets were closed due to rainmaggedon. Lights were out in every city I navigated my way through due to flooding. And when I finally got to work (late for the second day in a row); I spent the entire time training a smelly guy who wasn't interested in learning. All the while wondering what I ever did to deserve this. After all that, I had to search far and wide for something other than my amazing son to be grateful for on this day.

Today I am thankful for a boss who felt so bad for me that she let me leave work early. And for my eyeliner, which looked great all day and well into the night until I finally washed it off.

It's not much, but I'll take it. Somedays it's the small victories that matter. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment