Thursday, February 25, 2010

What I believe. And the proof that backs it up.

There were so many lists for this Read Write Poem prompt that I never even finished the list for what I don't believe in! More than half counts though...right? To get the full details on the prompt and to get in on some of the awesome list action go here. My belief: You never completely get over someone.

I have the proof

It’s in the way my heart stops
And struggles to start again
When he enters the room

It’s in the lump that grows
In my throat mid-conversation
And keeps me from forming
Complex words

Words like I and You and Us

It’s in the way my mind races
Back to thoughts of him
At its own will

I’m forced to remember
Every part of his body I’ve had
The good fortune of touching

(The misfortune of touching)

It’s in the chills I get
When his name comes up

And if all of that isn’t enough
It’s in the love

7 comments:

  1. Lovely poem throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind and body and vocabulary and chills... Yes, the mind and body collude sometimes to delude, sometimes to preserve us. Thanks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one jessica..."chills"...will get you every time....tyhanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly nice poem about love. Thanks for sharing.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Falling in love with love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the I and the You and the Us...I think sometimes we talk ourselves out of how powerful they are. This is great, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its been waaaaaaay too long since I visited and left some comment love. i am diggin' the new stuff, tiger. awesomeness...

    ReplyDelete