Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hindsight isn't always 20/20...

But in this case it is.

Another great prompt from The One-Minute Writer, http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/

I apologize in advance for the rhyming. I have been challenged by a fellow writer to rhyme more in my pieces. I always think rhyming comes off as being very cliche, but I have accepted the challenge, at least for today. And in this case I think it came off more sappy and crappy than cliche. To be completely honest, I really like the first stanza, but the second is just...YUCK! But hey, it was written in one minute and I was struggling to rhyme; all things considered it isn't horrible. It might be bad or generic, but not horrible. LOL!

20/20

If I could go back
to when all wasn't lost
and tell myself that the price of love
is usually worth the cost

I would save up my pennies
until the day I met you
and cash them in
on a dream come true

1 comment:

  1. Love the image of going back and saving up pennies. They rhyme is nice. I always struggle with it--when I try to hard to rhyme, I'm never happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete