Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It takes discipline. I have none.

Today's writing prompt is Discipline and it's courtesy of http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/, a great site that I like to visit often for inspiration. Scroll down to see what I was able to come up with in one minute :)

In other news: I think I've officially decided to start a blog dedicated to poetry. I say "think" because the only thing really holding me back is what to call it. I have a hard enough time naming my pieces, most of them end up untitled, so this is going to be a tough one. As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Discipline

I used to know how to avoid you
How to pretend you didn’t exist
You filled me up with promises
I tried hard to resist

Once so disciplined
Now I can’t get you out of my head

I missed my chance

2 comments:

  1. I would enjoy reading your poetry blog. I think Paper Dreams is such a neat title, I have every confidence in your being able to come up with one for a blog of poems :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who is forever lacking in discipline, I can really appreciate this poem. I'm not so good at titles either, but if/when you start your poetry blog, I am there!

    ReplyDelete