Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear RWP and getting my poem on with words, words, words!

Dear Read Write Poem,
We became such good friends during NaPoWriMo, now we hardly see each other. You were amazing, offering inspiration when I needed it the most. It's not that I don't need you anymore, time just isn't on our side. Still, I want you to know that I think of you often and fondly. Please accept this small poem as a token of my affection, inspired by your wonderful Wordle prompt:

Love Slump


Hearts loiter in the sky
Flaming
Lost

Calling for a séance
Caught in a love slump


The words in this prompt were fantastic. I used almost all of them. Words used from the prompt are as follows: hearts, loiter, sky, flaming, lost, séance, slump.

5 comments:

  1. they were fantastic words and you have done fantastic things with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! great job! love it...


    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never thought that the word "loiter" could be used so wonderfully. awesomeness..

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the letter to RWP. it reminded me of my ex--he once wrote a piece as though he were facebook writing to a user who had been spending too much time on twitter. i think i've also written an apology letter to my blog for neglecting it. it's funny how we humanize things, yes?

    oh, and bonus points for your use of loiter :)

    ReplyDelete