Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life in a time capsule.

Here is the list of items I would place in a time capsule to memorialize my life thus far. The prompt is courtesy of the always fabulous One-Minute Writer I cheated because this took me longer than one minute to write...it was more like ten.

Pictures (family, friends, and my dog Lola): because I love them.

Charlotte’s Web and To Kill a Mockingbird: because they are my favorite books.

Fiona Apple CDs: because she is my favorite musician.

An old journal: so the person who finds my capsule can read about my life.

Copies of some of the poems I’ve written: because I like to pretend I’m a poet!

Mark, my stuffed bear: because Piglet is too important to me.

Tarot cards: because they remind me of high school.

A pen and blank notebook: because I always have a pen and paper on me.

Mardi Gras beads: because they are fun!

Hair ties: because I always wear them around my wrists.

Stargazer lilies and red roses: because they are my favorite flowers.

Vanilla scented candles: because I love vanilla scented things.

Copy of my birth certificate: proof that I existed.

My Dwight bobblehead doll: because The Office is my all-time favorite show.

An empty Starbucks cup: because I love coffee!

1 comment: