Wednesday, July 8, 2009

H2O; Ten Years Later

This morning my landlord's family decided to turn their sprinkler on and in the process soaked our living room. The couch, the chair, the table, everything was soaked. Our fault I guess for leaving the window open. We should have known it would come to this at some point; they love that stupid sprinkler and the little patch of grass that they water even on days when it rains. Oh...just venting.

As a treat for letting me vent, here is a poem:

Ten Years Later

I collect reasons to love you
Place them in drawers
Hide them in corners

Wherever I turn I’m forced
to remember, when what I really want
is to forget

8 comments:

  1. Everyone needs to vent sometimes! I like the poem--takes an interesting turn at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge nuisance about the sprinkler! Of course you can't swear too much at your landlord >:-( But really, a person should be able to open their lounge window ...

    Thank you for the little treat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww sorry to hear about the showered living room :( did you guys ever say anything to them about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did talk to them about it and they said it was so early in the morning that they didn't even think to look to see if our window was open. I just hope it doesn't happen again!

    Thanks all of you for reading/commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the poem, sounds like me, some things are hard to forget

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice poem. short and bittersweet. Ur neighbors deserve a chuck norris roundhouse kick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the poem! i can relate...i still have (and occasionally use) the brand of bodywash that my ex used. though it makes me sad to think about him, i can't take it out of the shower either. i sometimes wonder what i'll do when the bottle empties. will i still keep it there or will i finally be ready to let go? you know?

    ReplyDelete