Thursday, August 27, 2009

89

In a bit of a rush; heading out the door to see some friends' gig, but wanted to make sure I posted this my Read Write Poem prompt poem for the week. The title is from one headline and the poem is from another. I enjoyed this prompt and actually worked on a few others, but this one is my favorite and the only one that I feel is complete at this time. It's short, but powerful, at least to me. Enjoy!

Prolonging the Life of Berries

Eat.
Pray.
Love.

Then what?

Get married.


Here are the links to the two articles that I got the headlines from:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/books/20book.html?ref=books

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/dining/26curi.html?ref=style

5 comments:

  1. best advice i've heard all day! :) i like # 1 the best.. EAT! hehehe! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the title has exactly the same number of syllables (8) as the entire poem. The title is long in comparison to the poem, and even uses the longest word in the poem "prolonging." But the directives in the poem are short and to the point. Short and oh so true! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the relationship between the title and the poem. This really shows the work that a good title can do.

    ReplyDelete