Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ooh la la or calling number 87

I'm not sure if I did this right, but at least I tried. This is my poem for Read Write Poem's weekly writing prompt. Happy Thursday!

You want me to drape myself
in your absence.
Discuss politics and make you
lasagna for breakfast

You want me to allow myself
to enter into an abscess
of the air you breathe

You want to become an
extension of me

You want apostrophes
And angels and apologies
You want arsenal to launch
You want too much

You want to get off at Addison,
Armitage or Belmont
I want to keep going

See the anatomy of an
aerial view

5 comments:

  1. Anyone who eats lasagne for breakfast is suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of sound here and the ending is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been too long since i visited your tasty blog. everytime I read your poems. i get misty eyed and miss writing so much! you've inspired me to pick up the pen again! let's see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antonio, I hope you'll publish some writing on your blog! I'm looking forward to reading what comes out of that talented mind of yours :)

    ReplyDelete