Thursday, October 29, 2009

Because the world doesn't always revolve around me.

A poem inspired by Read Write Poem Prompt #98, the photograph Fair Fireworks by auburnnewyork, and by him; though if I were to right this poem today I can honestly say that I don't think he would offer much inspiration. And that my friends is a good thing. I know the world doesn't revolve around me, now he knows it doesn't revolve around him either. Regardless, it was a wild ride. And fun at times too.


Revolves

We moved too fast
The universe rotating around us

We were performers
The world, our circus

The moon still our witness
As wheels still spin the secrets

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, the poem has a distinct air of aloofness. The secrets cover everything over... What did the moon see? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when so much can be conveyed by so few words. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful short poem -- so much said in so few words. The spinning is echoed in the "s" sound appearing at the end of the title and at the end of all lines. All the world is a stage -- and here, all the world is a circus. I like how the double meaning of "still" plays against the constant motion of carnivals and life and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting to appreciate Therese and her ear for sound...
    Such as adds to the play of this elegantly brief poem here. And the prompt image well used here in analogy for a relationship. Even more interesting with reference to your off-stage comments too.

    The ending here does too, go spinning off - as we are want to follow on. Well done. Thanks for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete