Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I miss having time to do nothing.

The new job has been keeping me busy. I'm happy to be working hard for the money, but I wish I had more time on my hands. By the time I get home I feel so guilty for being away from my dog all day that I make a quick dinner and play with her until it's time to go to bed. I haven't written much in the past few days either. There just hasn't been time. I miss naps. I miss random phone calls. I miss walks to the park in the middle of the day. I miss my friends! I've been neglecting my email accounts, my facebook, my text messages (except for a select few). I promise I'll get the hang of my schedule soon and figure out a nice rhythm. Until then...

Untitled V

I miss
Late night confessions
Mixed with a little white zin

By little I mean three or four glasses
Enough to admit my deepest sins

I miss dreaming of you until morning


I know it's not a good piece with as long as I've been absent, but it's a start. Now, it's off to bed for me.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard, starting a new job. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete