Thursday, May 7, 2009

Waiting...waiting...writing...writing...passing the time.

Writing to keep my mind off of things. Writing to pass the time. This is all I have come up with. I think the first piece seems a bit off. I've re-worked it a couple of times... still seems wrong.

Maintains the Memories

Time-
My nemesis
It maintains the memories
I’ve tried so hard to forget

and the ones I cherish

If it drops
It will shatter

Memories will be lost
forever

I will refuse to mourn them

************************************

Untitled III

A wolf in sheep’s clothes
I reach for you

I’m not that kind of girl

I’m not that kind of girl


************************************

Untitled IV

When the excitement has faded
When contentment has worn off

What will we have left?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second one a lot. The last line on the first poem really works well. I hope you keep working with these! I always enjoy reading your work. :0)

    ReplyDelete