Monday, May 25, 2009

Promises, promises...

I don't make many promises, because to me a promise is sacred. It's something that is meant to be kept, not broken. A friend of mine doesn't believe in promises. For the ten years I've known him, and for many years before that even, he has made people pinky-swear when something is important. I think it's adorable.

My Promise to You

I’ll pull together all of our
false starts
Toss them in my pocket

The next time it rains
I’ll let the sky wash them away

4 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful little poem. I had someone recently break a promise to me and it was so shocking, because I always expect people can be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to me to be a wise promise indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, love the last two lines, sometimes we really need to forget the past and start over

    ReplyDelete