Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I’m the narrator and this is just the prologue, a.k.a. Read Write Poem revisited

I was listening to Panic at the Disco on the L today and this song has been stuck in my head ever since. Anywho... I was a little discouraged by the fact that I haven't been writing much lately and decided to pay a visit over to Read Write Poem. They always offer such wonderful inspiration and today was no different; thank you friend.

Mosaic

Carve it into the backs
Of my eyelids
So I can see it
When I’m dreaming

Slither it underneath my skin
By way of willful needles
Whatever you have to do
Just leave a lasting impression

Scorching hot
Burn it into my mind

Granular tokens
Of belittled affection

The fence has been lowered
The guard is off duty
I will excrete nothing

Your secret is safe with me
In this mosaic



Bold words are courtesy of the prompt.

2 comments:

  1. very nice poem.....and great use of prompt words jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great images here! Great use of the words. Sliter it under my skin/by way of willful needles...great!

    ReplyDelete