Friday, May 1, 2009

Saw The Killers last night, fell in love all over again, wrote a poem, and things unrelated.

NaPoWriMo is over, but this came to me this morning and I liked it.

Rhetoric

The words course through my veins
Like blood
Pumping...
I need this to live



Saw The Killers in Milwaukee last night. They were amazing! I swear every time I listen to one of their songs I fall in love...and when I get lucky enough to see them live...well, very little compares. Oh how I heart Brandon Flowers.

In unrelated news: I've been flirting with the idea of starting a new blog; one that will be for poetry and prose of the shorter nature. I usually write longer pieces, but I've found a lot of comfort in some of the smaller pieces I've been writing lately. I thought I would dedicate another blog to those musings and also allow other people to post their smaller pieces as well. Then I would keep this blog for my more "developed" pieces and thoughts and random junk in the maze that I call Life. Just an idea. We'll have to wait and see if it goes anywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! The poem, I mean :-)

    Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, thanks for the award Jessica! you are pura awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!! you love me, you really, really love me! :)

    I like this poem. I actually visualized veins when I read it. I would love to see the killers live. Im sure it kicked mucho asso. I was just rocking out to their first album the other day and ran through a red light while singing "Smile like you mean it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous about The Killers concert. I bought their CD for my son, but really it was for me...
    If you start a new blog, I'm there.

    ReplyDelete