Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New job, small poem, and life as a cynic.

Today I went for a second interview with a company I interviewed with last week. I got the job! I'm very excited. It seems like a really nice place. The people were all very friendly...though they always are in the beginning, but I have a good feeling about this place.

I found out yesterday that I'm going to have another poem published in The Cynic Online Magazine. My poem, Sprouting Up Roots, will be featured in the Cafe Del Soul section of the July issue of the online magazine. I'll post the link to the poem when the time comes. I'm really excited. It's nice to be able to see my work on a site that doesn't belong to me. It helps to push me toward submitting more of my work to publications.

I wrote a small piece the other day and didn't post it because I thought I might try to re-work it in some way. I can't seem to make any changes so I'm going to go ahead and post it. If for some reason I end up changing it down the road I'll just post the new version too. I've been obsessed with touch lately...people might start to notice.

Untitled

Did you even notice
that I touched you?
(Between heavy breathes
and heartbeats)

It's the science of love
we have yet to perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job and the poem's publication!! Such great news :-)

    I really like this one you have offered here.

    ReplyDelete