Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm a thief! Blame it on Read Write Poem.

Here is my poem in response to Prompt #109 for Read Write Poem. The words "stolen" to make this poem possible are in bold.

Mythological

I took the brunt of the weight
Shouldered the burden
Throwing stones at the elite

Watching them shatter like promises
Drawing back simple
No question for authority

Hercules couldn’t have made
A better attempt

I, always the enthusiast
Treaded water and froth thigh-high
With a fertile mind

And half-expected you to notice
Sundered by tragedy
On a quest for the unknown


4 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Nice use of the words. I really like how the title ties in to the poem, in terms of the narrator's (dashed) expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of the words - I especially like:
    "Watching them shatter like promises" and "And half expected you to notice".

    ReplyDelete