Saturday, January 9, 2010

An Untitled Poem. An Unsure Future.

Poem #4 for the RWP Poetry Mini-Challenge. This was a tough one. It's pretty generic at the moment, but I'm in too much pain to continue and too weak to follow through. Tomorrow promises more of the same. In my dreams I'll have the strength to do what I need to do. Untitled.

The promises
Have been broken
Shattered as you
Walk out the door

Picking them up
Is an unbearable task
At the moment

In the morning
When the world
Starts brand new
I will too


3 comments:

  1. Full of sadness but totally moving.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts alongside yours. I hope you will start over and continue to write. Your words move me.

    My latest:

    http://juliejordanscott.typepad.com/jjspoetry/2010/01/when.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're going through this pain. I admire you for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete