Monday, January 11, 2010

The End of Starting Over.

Poem #6 for the January RWP Poetry Mini-Challenge. This is the final poem in the Starting Over series. Another untitled poem, but I'm happy to have completed the challenge. Thanks to all who have come to read these poems over the past couple of days and who have offered their support. These poems have not been as structured and clear as I would like them to be, but they are a window to the issues I am dealing with right now.

My tears stain the pillow
The blanket, the bed

In the morning we can pretend
It never happened

A second chance
Another first attempt

With dry eyes I have the power
To see things different


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jessica for join with us in this prompt. Expression is a useful thing. How's that for one belief? And now I think this is one prompt that doesn't end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may always come back and revisit them if that is what you want to do. I have enjoyed reading your poems during the challenge.

    ReplyDelete