Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What If I Loved You Like This?

It's time for the first Read Write Poem Mini-Poetry Challenge of the year! For five more days I will be stringing words together trying to form something worth reading. Who am I kidding? Just trying to form something! All of the poems will deal with Starting Over, per the rules of the prompt. Rules. Oh RWP you're so strict. And I like it. :)

What If I Loved You Like This?


What if I loved you like this:

In reverse, from this moment
Back to when we first met
In cryptic messages from the past
To greet you in the present
I guess technically the future

We could skip over the end
Work our way back to the beginning
When things were still new
And we hadn’t discovered our differences
Were too much to overcome

I would love you from the start
Instead of taking you for granted


2 comments:

  1. Very honest analysis of where things can and sadly do go wrong...

    http://radio-nowhere.org/nb/?p=340

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone is coming up with brilliant stuff for this prompt. i'm so excited! this is great: "what if i loved you like this://in reverse" wow!

    ReplyDelete