Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 10: What God has joined together, let no one separate.

I've been to quite a few celebrations with family and friends lately, but none that has affected me more than my brother's wedding. Probably the most perfect day in our familie's history. My poem came out pretty short and I decided to mix in wedding vows to give it a little more oomph. I like the way it turned out. Thanks to Pamela Sayers and Read Write Poem for the wonderful prompt.

I don’t usually cry at weddings
Love her. Comfort her.

But I cried at this one
Honor him. Cherish him.

To watch the entire progression
In sickness and in health.

Is a gift I will cherish forever
For richer. For poorer.

And now in this room, sharing the love
For better. For worse.

With everyone who knows you
As long as you both shall live.

I’ve never been more proud

2 comments: