Thursday, April 1, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day One: Shuffling a fairytale

It's day One of National Poetry (Writing) Month and today's effort was a successful one... At least that's what I think. The Day One prompt from Read Write Poem was an excellent one that I really enjoyed. The gist of the prompt was to put your MP3 player, or such device, on shuffle and construct a poem using the first five song titles in their entirety. Full prompt details can be found here.

I originally wrote a much longer poem, but scrapped it and came up with this. It's short, but I think it's much better than what I initially had going on.

Flowers in December,
Their petals piece together
A sorta fairytale of possession
And little lies on a Sunday morning


The song titles used in this prompt are as follows:
A Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amos
Flowers in December - Mazzy Star
Possession - Sarah McLachlan
Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    Nice! I love all of those artists. You are off to a great start.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me think of spring somehow, nice use of the prompt

    ReplyDelete