Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Four: Working from the inside out

NaPoWriMo day four. This poem is inspired by the Read Write Poem prompt Inside Out.

For two years I sat on that couch
At times spread my body out across it

I learned all about $30 co-pays
And billing the rest to the insurance company

I learned all about defense mechanisms
And survival mode

I learned all about feelings
And what makes me tick

What I didn’t learn
Was a better way to fix it

So I went back to my old form of therapy
The one that worked from the outside in

4 comments:

  1. you say lots here Jessica.....very nice write....thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jessica. Great to have discovered your blog. I look forward to following it during April. And I invite you to check out my poems at www.gregoconnell.com (Find NaPoWriMo 2010 in the top menu bar.) - Greg =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked this! Sometimes the outside in works better in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know more: what is 'the one that worked from the outside in'?

    ReplyDelete