Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Five: It's A Girl

I wrote a long list of contradictions throughout the day for this poem, but only ended up using the ones that seemed to fit best. I'm trying hard to continue with the short poem theme I seem to have imposed on myself; trying to make every word count. Loud Silence is actually something a co-worker said to me today... I told him I was going to use it in my poem. Prompt details are here and as always, courtesy of Read Write Poem. In short, this is how I view poetry.

She is in the air
Easy to reach
Impossible to grab

She is torturing me
Hiding in tight spaces
Out in the open

She is loud silence

3 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    Love it! Love it! So much with so few words!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. poetry always hides from us, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contradictions here express the poetic process/life so well!

    ReplyDelete