Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day three: Him. Them. And death.

I'm continuing with the short theme that I seem to have going on. Maybe I can work on making all of my poems for the month short poems. Maybe...

Inspired by the Read Write Poem prompt Scared Yet?, my poem confesses my three biggest fears. Day three... three fears... I didn't even plan it that way. :)

Him.
He who has a red nose, big feet,
and preys on the innocence of children.

Him.
And them.
Those creepy crawly things.

Him.

And them.
And death.

9 comments:

  1. Nice interpretation of the prompt. The rule of three works well in poetry, as you show here.

    Lola is lovely. What breed is she? We have a Yorkshire Terrier and he's like our third child.

    http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    And thanks for the compliment on Lola. She's a yorkie too... and since I have no children she's like my first child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    I like what you did here. Clowns are so frightening for me as well.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. So so simple and yet it says a great deal! I love the arrangement of the poem as well. I've always been fond of things divided with a sort of coherence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was thinking is she talkin santa claus... then i read the comments ohhhhh clowns... have a friend that feels the same way... i like the 3 on 3... happy day 3 no clownz allowed!! in posse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but effective; I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and creepy. I had a visceral reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! It does kind of sound like I'm talking about Santa! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought santa was creepier than clowns, but the only clown I ever met close up was a midget, so...

    I like the sparseness of this. The amount of explanation lessening as the amount of innate fear increases.

    ReplyDelete