Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 13: My longest poem of the challenge!

I tried to cut it down some, but this is the best I could do. It was a bit longer before. Find details on the prompt here and find more fun poetry related things to do at Read Write Poem. The first two lines are courtesy of Norman Dubie.

Poem Starting with a Line from Norman Dubie

A kiss is like a dress
Falling off a tall building
And every time our lips touch
I lose myself in eyes that sparkle
Like a million stars

Your body is the water,
Warm and pure blue
I navigate gently,
But can never arrive at your heart

Your hands move like the wind
Through my hair
I wonder how I ever existed
Before this

When the sun comes up
In all its yellow and orange glory
Against a sky that begs to be forgotten
I realize it’s the morning after
That hurts the most

1 comment: