Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 10. A haiku hangs with headlines disquised as Found Poems.

I like to take pictures of trees. They've always fascinated me.

Haiku, Untitled

The tree stands, unknown
Branches reaching toward Heaven
Leaves hunger for wind

**********************************************

Found Poem, Untitled I

Romeo
Is late for dinner

Just a king for his time

Capturing
The outlines
Of an exuberant universe


Found Poem, Untitled II

Panties,
squirrels,
and lots of ammo

Champagne
before breakfast
and other fantasies

What waiters talk about
when diners are waiting

Please note: My found poems were created using headlines from the April 10th, 2009 online edition of the New York Times. All headlines were taken from the Arts section.

Prompt courtesy of Read Write Poem.

3 comments:

  1. I love pictures of trees too. So you're not alone LOL. Isn't there an old proverb about trees being people?

    http://lori102870.blogspot.com/2009/04/stitch-in-timenapowrimo-10by-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Panties, squirrels, and lots of ammo" needs to be the title of your books of poetry! Catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your found poems!

    ReplyDelete