Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 4...

I'm not particularly happy with poem #4 for NaPoWriMo, but I'm pressed for time today. This was written in less than 15 minutes, so I guess I can't complain.

A Glossy Ruin

Brick homes
That once seemed so
Indestructible
Have been successfully blown down
By the Big Bad Wolf

Cars slip into vast holes
Courtesy of black ice
No
It’s Black Honey
And it tastes good

Children dream
Of the bright side
Adults pretend
There’s something to look forward to
On the other side of the rainbow

A world full of Mimosa Blossoms
And Pink Champagne

A brief side note: I went to the mall today looking for a lipgloss called Black Honey. After purchasing it I decided that I wanted to work Black Honey into my poem somehow. On the drive home I tried to come up with some ideas, but was unsuccessful. When I got home I immediately checked readwritepoem.com to see the prompt for today. The site suggested using paint color names or eyeshadow names and linked to the Clinique website. Coincidentally the gloss I purchased was from Clinique. I thought it was fate, so I used gloss names.

No comments:

Post a Comment