Thursday, April 2, 2009

No pictures. Just words.

National Poetry Month
Poem2

Torabelle

I imagine
her name,
face,
date of birth.
All the defining characteristics
that make her so attractive.

I imagine the way
she looks up from a book
the moment you
walk into the room.

I imagine your eyes
so fixed on her body
you forget all about me.

I breathe a sigh of relief.
I don’t have to disappoint you tonight.

I piece the fragments
together.
Think back
to when the phone calls
stopped coming in.
Pinpoint
the exact moment
you fell in love with her.
It makes me quite sick.

I imagine
her being incredibly delicious,
irresistible even.
The exact opposite of me.
I’m hard to swallow,
easy to forget.

Replaceable,
or so it would seem.

Side note: I don’t normally use punctuation in my poetry, but I know people who do and I’ve always envied them. I thought it would be fun to give it a try. It wasn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment