Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 23. I never wear hats.

Seeing as I'm unemployed I could have chosen a number of "hats" for today's Read Write Poem prompt, but this came to me immediately after reading the prompt, so I went with it. Please note that while I'm unemployed I do not actually sleep until noon. That's just how the line came to me. LOL

A Different Hat

Instead of sleeping
Until noon
I rise early

Feed the baby
And send my husband
Off to work

Wife, mother, homemaker

I make a living
Protecting
The things that I love

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!

    'I make a living
    Protecting
    The things that I love'

    speechless after these lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah- GREAT payoff in the last stanza. Reminds me of the "Housewife" from Studs Terkel's "Working."
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely poem. That last stanza really speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete