Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 24. I’m listening to a Spring Song…are you listening?

Two poems today. I was on a roll yesterday, but I'm saving those poems for a project I'm working on. Sadly, I think one of the poems from yesterday fits today's Read Write Poem prompt a lot better. In any case, here are the two I wrote today, which sort of follow the prompt. I mean, there are some sounds in there. Ha ha ha!

Spring Song in the Windy City

Last night
The city was in shambles
Rain was banging on my windows
Begging to be let in
Thunder was calling my name
Threatening sleep

Today the city is calm
The wind is at rest
The sun
Is gracing us with its presence
Cars speed past
Children are outside
Running and playing and singing
Birds are chirping their Spring Song

There’s no sign at all
Of any damage that may have been done

********************************************

Are You Listening?

Oh quiet night!
Why must you torture me?

I long for the buzzing of lights
The revving of car engines
And late-night conversations

After all
That’s why I moved to the city

6 comments:

  1. oh ya im listning...to the windy city..whistling thru the bleachers at wrigley...nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 today! Impressive! I love the way you capture city sounds, and I especially like the rain banging on windows and begging to be let in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poems!

    I wanted to let you know that I've given you the "kreativ blogger" award! You can pick it up here:

    http://wobblyleggs.blogspot.com/2009/04/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You capture very well that feeling after a minor storm, when despite all the noise, nothing has been damaged

    ReplyDelete
  5. While you listen to a spring song, it's almost the end of autumn here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way the first ends. The calmness of it.

    And I too love the city!

    moon eats sugar puffsPS: I lovev your blog title!

    ReplyDelete