Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 9: Dreaming of Paradise

Paradise, in couplets. Untitled. It might be obvious to those who know me, but this was written about Wrigley Field in Chicago. Home to the Cubs. Home to me. Writing prompt courtesy of Read Write Poem.

Paradise, Untitled

There is no place I know
Where the grass is greener

The sky is blue
The sun shines bright

Even in a rain delay
Mind over matter they tell me

Besides, people only see
What they want to see

All I know is
It feels like home

The space between us
Is lined with chairs

Rows and rows
Waiting patiently to be filled

When I’m there
I’m never alone

But I always feel
Like the only one

Bases loaded
It’s been too long

I’d stay forever
If they would let me

You’re in my heart
I must get back to you

2 comments:

  1. Wrigley...paradise for sure....I was there way way back....when the GREAT Ernie Banks played ss...and the ivy on the wall....and no night ball back then...and Jessica is awsome...my oldest daughters name....ansd well Pink Floyd and Doors...all paradise indeeed....its all paradise Jess...keep up the writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. bases loaded... now thaz a line!!!

    ReplyDelete