Sunday, April 5, 2009

Losing Momentum. Gaining Speed.

It's day five and I'm already losing momentum. Hopefully a burst of creativity will spark within the next few days. On the bright side, once I get an idea that I like the poem does seem to evolve faster than usual for me. I take the good with the bad and hope something half way decent comes out. A side note: Italicized words are from the readwritepoem.com prompt for today. The complete list of words I had to choose from is located at the bottom of this posting. Now, without further ado, here is today's installment:

A Series of Meaningless Events

Wipe this

Empty that

Love, honor, cherish

Measure the width
Between two distances,
Come up empty

Bask in the glow

Watch that temper

Remember to breathe

Slither into bed

Plead with the pillow

Wake up,
Alone

Here is the list of words I had to choose from: Nemesis, Bitter, Sweet, Sugar, Patch, Love, Relish, Honor, Thief, Tackle, Scales, Passive, Wisdom, Crane, Wealth, View, Flow, Aggressive, Youth, Contain, Fragments, Signs, Loss, Bend, Hinder, Rise, Low, Point, Master, Life, Missed, Temper, Slither, Court, Spent, Press, Spot, Pillow, Wipe, Panic, Empty, Width, Bask, Plead, Frosted, Glow, Armor, Beauty, Close.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your poetry. Don't usually read it but the commentaries are a big help for me.
    Good luck on the month long endeavor. The poetry really is good, or I wouldn't comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how menial tasks like wipe, empty and measure are interspersed between more existential "meaningless events." I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete