Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 25. This is not a how-to. It is not even close.

I started out following the prompt by writing a list of things I wanted to learn, but stopped after the first thing I wrote down. Inspiration is tricky, I go with what works. I'm hoping to come back to the prompt later to write a proper how-to, but after I've had some sleep.

Liner Notes

I want to learn
How to play the piano
But you won’t teach me

A conflict of interest
Or so you say

I wonder what you’re so afraid of

I promise
If your hands should wander
From the keys
To my flesh
And I should find you
Impossible to resist

I’ll help you file away the regret
In the sheet music

7 comments:

  1. 'If your hands should wander/From the keys/To my flesh'. I like it. :) I stopped at the first thing I thought of too. I can' play the piano either. maybe I'll write a regret poem about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to play the keyboard! Maybe he ought to teach me!

    watch the movie from the sidewalks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by this poem. Why, I wonder, is it a conflict of interest? Hmm... Perhaps there won't be any regrets. One can hope. :)

    You say so much with so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one....i took piano for 1 year when i was 8....then hockey and sports took over

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'll help you file away the regret in the sheet music": beautiful. I too like how much you say here with so few words.

    Liz - www.blog.elizabethenslin.com

    ReplyDelete