Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 29. I don't think I can make it, so tell me how it ends.

One day left...I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. Oh NaPoWriMo, I am going to miss you! Anyway, here is my poem for the Read Write Poem prompt.

Tell Me How It Ends

Take another step
Keep up
Wait

I always pay close attention
to your instructions

I’m not as strong as you are

You tell me how to cope
You tell me how to hope
You tell me how to breathe

Seems I can’t do anything without you
walking me through the motions

I can’t make the pieces fit

Or get that voice out of my head

That annoying little engine
coaxing me to recite over and over again,
I think I can
I think I can


When we both know I can’t

Just tell me how the story ends
Do I make it over the mountain?

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I hope you keep writing into May, so I can keep reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one quite a bit. I prefer a happy ending, so my guess is - yes, you will make it over the mountain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you've already written to prompt #29! I love this poem. Those last two lines sound like me (sigh)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on an old children's story/fable. I like it, well done. I like these lines:

    I’m not as strong as you are

    You tell me how to cope
    You tell me how to hope
    You tell me how to breathe

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice.....and the story never ends

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I really love "Just tell me how the story ends/Do I make it over the mountain?" ;)

    ReplyDelete