Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 17. Am I missing something?

I am missing something. Inspiration. I think this poem suffers from a severe lack of inspiration. The only thing that I have to go on right now is sadness, loss, and desperation. I'm not really willing to go into that dark place right now so this is all I have to offer for today.

Missing, Untitled

I held it
In the palm of my hand

So close
I could taste it

Put it up to my lips
Then let it slip
Through the cracks
Between my fingers

I watched it fall
To the floor

I waited too long
I can’t see it anymore

But I know it’s still here
Caught somewhere
I just have to find it
It’s waiting for me

9 comments:

  1. How frustrating to have been so close, but how strong to hold such hope -- I found this piece captivating...

    Come discover what’s Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still there. Sometimes we are unable to see it find it. But we do..have patience...

    swirling with eggshells and apples

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing you're missing is yourself. It can only be found inside of yourself. In a way, we're all searching for the same thing. It's what makes us unique and what we all have in common.

    I hope you find it!

    http://lori102870.blogspot.com/2009/04/in-your-absencenapowrimo-17-part-2by-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting! i enjoyed the line "i just have to find it" . . . because its missing but it isn't gone forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a writer who is struggling with the same thing, right now. I can really relate to this. I think it's a really universal theme, and much, much better than you thought it was! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes we just take a little longer to get there than we'd like. well writ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ambiguity here...the "it" is so many things, depending on what the reader brings with them to the poem. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the poem does convey a sense of what is going on inside you at the moment - even your "lack of inspiration" speaks through it, although I personally think its a great poem.

    ReplyDelete