Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 21, a rite of passage and the trouble with titles.

I wish I could come up with titles for the poems I'm writing for NaPoWriMo. Maybe that will be the extended goal for next year. Look at me...already looking forward to the poetry insanity of next year :)

Rites of Passage, Untitled

You pulled
At the seams
Until I unraveled

Shut the door
And explained
You didn’t travel
All this way
To hand me over
To someone else

Used the memories
We created
To string together words
In a way I would understand

Lured me into your pattern
Without consent

Took my trust
In the palm of your hand
And crushed it
Right in front of me

Took the little girl fantasies
In my head
And exchanged them
For a dose of reality

A night
Neither one of us
Will ever forget

Rest assured-
Your grasp is permanent
Though your hold
Is slipping

3 comments:

  1. I like the rhythm of this. Good job on the prompt. Choosing titles is always a struggle for me, too.

    Thought you might not have realized that the link you left in the RWP post linked back to that post, not to this entry -- just FYI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. another deeelightful poem...titles ...who needs them..its the poem...keep up the nice writing i enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great opening, love the idea of being unraveled and then using memories to string together words.
    -Andy Sewina

    ReplyDelete